Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our Communications team and help tell the brand story through great content. We are looking for someone to help create thought leadership, manage our blog and social channels and work with our demand marketing team to support content creation.
- Create exceptional content. Content types include both short and long-form content such as eBooks, white papers, blog posts, video scripts, infographics, and Q&A interview guides.
- Leverage social media to promote content. Manage social as a platform for the team.
- Own the launch of critical content pieces cross functionally.
- Collaborate with Demand Generation to launch content campaigns. Help shape experiments and the copy that gets used in headlines, landing pages, and ads.
- Collaborate with our Web Operations team to write SEO-optimized blog and web pages that effectively drive organic traffic.
- Collaborate with Brand Studio/Design to turn your writing into fully-designed pieces that are both engaging and optimized for conversion.
- Interview internal and external subject matter experts effectively when necessary.
- Evangelize content across the organization and empower colleagues across Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to use them effectively.
- Establish and monitor key metrics for content engagement and pipeline influence.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience in writing, journalism, or marketing, preferably in content marketing.
- A strong portfolio of work you’ve personally written. This portfolio includes multiple content types — for example; eBooks, white papers, blog posts, interactive tools etc..
- You love the writing process. You enjoy building the bridge between quality research and a great piece of content.
- You’re naturally collaborative. You get excited about bringing colleagues into the writing process early and want to share your work with them after you’re done.
- You conduct in-depth research. You’re a pro when it comes to preparing an interview, making the most of your time with a subject matter expert, researching primary sources, and scouring the web.
- You’re able to tie your content to your understanding of your target personas. You know your personas’ names like they’re your next-door neighbors.
- You have familiarity writing content to support SEO goals.
- You enjoy working with other writers to edit their work.
- You have a natural sense of curiosity.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $80,000-$94,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.