Content Marketing Manager
Greater Denver Area
You believe our experiences with the brands we love are shaped directly by the meaningful content they publish daily. You study trends, live for culture, and obsess over the thoughtful words and curated images that move a message. You understand the framework for excellent content and the importance of identifying the right distribution channels and partners.
You are excited about how content fuels so many areas of the business, including brand equity, non-brand organic search, social, and email to drive traffic and revenue. We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to reshape our Content Program through innovation on our blog, video channels, and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: Please be sure to include writing samples (long form preferred) and/or links to examples of your written work in the cover letter section below.
- Develop and own content strategy while continuously identifying ways to distribute articles through current and new channels.
- Build out content distribution plan to drive traffic and revenue, working with Brand Director to define goals and benchmarks.
- Grow SEO strategy and performance, focusing on increasing traffic from Organic Search Non-Brand.
- Write engaging long-form content pieces, while managing and scaling a team of contractors to increase publishing cadence on the AU blog and third party publishers.
- Lead video strategy including storyboarding, scripting, production coordination, and distribution plan.
- Analyze and interpret data to provide channel recommendations, refine strategies, and inform future projects to exceed goals.
- Work cross-departmentally with Creative Team to generate original ideas that shape and optimize content across blog and other marketing channels.
- Write campaign emails and other marketing collateral to promote and distribute content pieces.
- Partner with Revenue Marketing team to optimize and grow paid spend for content.
- Contribute to general marketing copy needs to drive brand forward.
- Encompass team-player mindset to take on projects and other administrative daily tasks to support the larger marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work and/or internship experience, preferably in consumer-facing and e-commerce brands
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a deep understanding of grammar best practices
- History writing long-form content
- A deep understanding of analytics and the metrics that grow a content program
- Writing samples demonstrating voice and wordsmithery
- Experience growing a content program through SEO strategy
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of brand sensibilities and language
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
- Experience with video production and strategy
- Understanding of creative, design, and photography values — ability to curate photos
- Solutions oriented and strong bias for action
- Desire to grow along with the Artifact Uprising team – ready to adapt and pivot in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Magento, and/or other content management systems
- Understanding of editing and writing HTML
- Experience writing for direct response marketing (e.g., social and paid search ads, email campaigns, direct mail)
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the belief that everyone has a story to tell, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, gym reimbursement, 401(k) matching plan and commuter benefits.
Why Artifact Uprising?
We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Read Full Job Description