Content Acquisition Lead
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Content Acquisition Lead will be responsible for supporting negotiations with programmers to obtain new content for Sling TV and working closely with the product development team to ensure programming specific features are incorporated into the Sling TV app. This role will require effective communication with both internal and external contacts, sharing Sling’s vision, and a thorough understanding of the OTT industry. The specialist will assist in guiding the short and long term strategy for Sling TV programming and integration through the Sling TV app.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Work cross-functionally across Sling TV to evaluate content and programming initiatives and audit Sling TV content and competitor platforms to help enforce deal terms
- Support negotiation and execution of contracts with new content partners; when ready, lead negotiations
- Analyze and understand current trends in the OTT space, developing the strategy to maintain Sling’s position as the OTT leader
- Work closely with the Sling Product team to communicate new strategic initiatives in the app that directly impact content and partner deals
- Understand cross-functional impacts of potential and executed contracts with the new partners, communicating to all internal parties and determining solutions
- Able to communicate importance of various initiatives to technical colleagues, ensuring that strategic vision is developed into the Sling TV app
Skills - Experience and Requirements
The Right Stuff
- 4-year undergraduate degree, 1-2 years of work experience in the media/entertainment/OTT space a plus
- Experience negotiating contracts or supporting negotiations
- Must be very comfortable with Excel and manipulation of data in either Excel or Access
- Ability to communicate effectively to interact cross-functionally and with outside parties
- Passion for the media industry and highly knowledgeable about current content
- Familiarity with traditional and digital media technology a plus