Consumer Marketing Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
Do you love to bring a marketing strategy to life through compelling visual content and concise copy that drives conversions and revenue? Are you an email marketing guru adept at juggling consecutive projects across many different accounts? Do you have a passion for sustainability, teamwork, and challenging work?
Uplight is seeking a Consumer Marketing Manager with a passion for eCommerce content strategy and execution. They will concept, create, execute and optimize creative marketing campaigns that will engage, educate and motivate our consumers to buy energy efficiency products from our utility-branded eCommerce marketplaces.
As a Consumer Marketing Manager, you will lead our content efforts across a variety of digital channels, with an emphasis on email, search and social media.
What You Get to Do:
- Own the content calendar and strategy across 20+ utility marketplaces
- Distill different client priorities and offerings into a flexible, scalable marketing plan that delivers value
- Bring our marketing strategy to life with thoughtfully designed campaigns that span email, web, and digital ads
- Test, analyze and benchmark content to make data-driven decisions
- Define and communicate content strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Project manage the content creation, customization, review, approvals, and editing process for 20+ accounts
- Serve as a brand expert and steward of the utility, manufacturer and Uplight brands represented in our marketing campaigns
- Manage and mentor full-time content specialist and supporting copy/design contractors
- Collaborate with internal team members from the Marketing, eComm, Delivery, Customer Support and Engineering squads on projects and issues
What You Bring to Uplight:
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing/communications role creating consumer-focused creative content with proven engagement and conversion
- Ability to be both the strategic thinker and tactical manager for campaigns
- Fantastic writing and grammar skills, including concise, engaging, ad-style copy
- Demonstrated design proficiency using Adobe suite
- Ability to translate business objectives into creative concepts, and creative concepts into outstanding execution
- Ability to effectively manage many relationships, both internally and externally
- Flexible and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Desire to work in an iterative environment, on and across teams
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Data Studio/Google Analytics, excitement about making a more sustainable future for our world
***Please be prepared to submit 3 creative samples (mini portfolio) of your work***
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.