Consumer Content Marketing Specialist
In July 2019, Simple Energy merged with Tendril to form Uplight, the new leader in delivering a modern customer energy experience, in order to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem.
We are seeking a junior-level Content Marketing Specialist to write, design and publish creative, digital marketing content that will engage, inform and motivate our consumers to buy efficiency products and take actions to use less energy. If you’ve got the perfect mix of creative flair and technical skills needed to produce leading-edge digital marketing campaigns that drive results, plus a passion for sustainability, teamwork and challenging work, this job may be for you!
As a content marketing specialist, you will work as a member of our Agile marketing team to create, test and optimize targeted, personalized marketing collateral across a variety of channels, with an emphasis on email marketing and social media advertising.
Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; dog-friendly office; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think!
- Produce creative, ad-style copy for eCommerce emails, product pages, social media and more
- Support day-to-day marketing operations, including creative asset production and editing work, configuration, quality assurance reviews
- Support A/B and multivariate testing of different content strategies
- Collaborate with internal team members from the Marketing, eComm, Delivery, and Customer Support squads on projects and issues
- Assist with data gathering and analysis of campaign performance
- Maintain and promote a top-notch user experience
- 2-3 years experience in a marketing or communications role producing creative content (ideally for consumer brand)
- Proficiency creating and manipulating images in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent writing skills, including concise, engaging, ad-style copy
- Interest in learning and applying a variety of skills across digital marketing
- You tackle research with glee but have a keen ability to go beyond to numbers to see how it relates in the real world
- Enjoy following (and improving!) operational processes
- Flexible and work well in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are a go-getter. You take responsibility and run with it
- Ability to translate business objectives into creative concepts, and creative concepts into outstanding execution
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work in an iterative environment, on and across teams
- Familiarity with email marketing tool such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Campaign Monitor, Marketo, MailChimp
- Complete our online application (resume and cover letter)
- Please submit an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your writing and/or creative work such as copy, images, video, graphics, animation.
Reporting to: Sr. Marketing Content Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Simple Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Simple Energy does not work with 3rd party recruiters. 3rd party recruiters submitting resumes will not be accepted or looked at.