Application security is shifting left, with software engineering teams taking ownership over the security of their applications. StackHawk is an application security testing company built for software developers and automation in CI/CD. We are hiring a community manager to help build community around developer-centric application security and the StackHawk product.
This is a rare opportunity to start with a blank slate and build out the community. In this role, you’ll go deep on the market and our target users to develop a community model that adds value and drives ongoing engagement. You’ll engage in the community, facilitating valuable discussions and interactions. You’ll also engage across communities, finding ways to intersect with other relevant individuals and communities (other developer communities, the ZAP open source community, and more).
If you are interested in community engagement, developer tooling, and building from scratch, this is the role for you.
What You'll Do
- Develop and Iterate on Community Strategy. Dig in and learn about application security automation in software development. Get to know the people, their motivations, and how community intersects. Then, build a strategy for StackHawk’s community. Your work certainly doesn’t stop there, as you’ll continue to iterate on this strategy into the future.
- Cultivate Engagement within StackHawk Community. Be the facilitator that creates a highly engaged community. Get creative and find ways to ensure that the community is a vibrant, value-add experience for all members.
- Engage Within and Across Communities. Ensure that you are engaged within the StackHawk community, keeping a pulse on activities and drawing people in. Additionally, engage across communities as a way of cross-pollinating ideas, conversations, and more.
- Plan and Facilitate Community Events and Activities. Lead the charge for events, activities, conversations, and more that create positive and valuable interactions for community members. Find ways to draw upon community members and external parties to have a steady stream of engaging opportunities for interaction.
- Self starter who is comfortable getting going from scratch and being resourceful
- Strategic thinker who is also willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Natural connector who can draw people in and get involved even if you aren’t an expert in the domain
- Experience having grown or led a developer community
- Ability to interface cross-functionally with marketing, product, engineering, and more
- Empathy for and curiosity about the software engineering profession
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Ready to HawkOn?
StackHawk, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) startup in Denver, CO, empowers engineers to easily identify and remediate security bugs at any stage of the CI/CD pipeline. With a strong founding team that has deep experience in security and DevOps, and some of the best venture investors in the business, StackHawk is on a mission to change application security. We are currently building the beta and looking for the right foundational team. Come join us!