Chief Marketing Officer
Who we are:
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.6-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers and thousands of businesses, customers look to SambaSafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful driver risk data platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing profitably at an incredible rate, with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What we’re looking for:
We're seeking a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to join our team. In this high-profile executive role, you will be focused on advancing the reach and effectiveness of our marketing channels, while developing marketing and contributing to product and sales strategies to accelerate growth in our fast-expanding business.
Own customer strategy. Build customer personas used for demand generation campaigns and product development. Lead industry and competitive research and translate findings into actions that improve top line and bottom line performance and product innovation. Ensure our work in each customer segment is delivering to targets.
Develop and execute cohesive, winning marketing strategies. Shape an informed strategic framework for marketing communications and initiatives. We are pretty execution-oriented at SambaSafety, but that execution should happen in support of a strategic vision and detailed plan of attack.
Direct lead revenue generation programs. Direct team that identifies new prospective buyers and cultivates interest.Drive hot leads to our hard-charging Sales organization. Deliverimpactful content, product videos/ webinars, demos and customer case studies through outbound lead generation campaigns. Guide our agency partners for execution of quality deliverables. Support high conversion rates. Always report on results relative to annual targets and course-correct where necessary.
Launch products/support pricing strategy. Partner with the Project Management Office and Product team to intelligently price and launch new products each year to achieve growth goals. Improve/enhance our product launch methodology. Note: this is a new and important part of marketing because, in 2019, SambaSafety will launch nine new products!
Executive leadership. Contribute strategically to the success of the company as a highly engaged member of Samba’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Corporate Strategy Group. Understand customers and markets first-hand through extensive research and partnership with our sellers. Leverage that knowledge to inform and perfect strategies and tactics in all departments across Samba.
Partner. Collaborate to win with colleagues across Sales, Customer Success and Product, among other departments. Understand partner needs. Solicit partner input. Challenge partners to be better.
Content generation. Lead team to develop website content and sales collateral including datasheets, customer case studies, and product videos; create compelling content for demand gen and customer lifecycle programs
Renew positioning. Strengthen our reputation as the category leader in North America. Work with staff and partners to ensure Samba’s messaging, social media presence and marketing content convey swagger. Get hands-on and help enrich our product positioning, value propositions, and go-to-market strategies for both new and existing products by understanding competitive drivers, market trends, and the needs of our customers.
Improve branding. Apply descriptive naming best-practices and help accrue value to the SambaSafety master brand. Ensure brand consistency across all SambaSafety.
Drive C-level awareness. Expand recognition of the SambaSafety solution suite with C-level executives at customer and prospect companies with creative, informative communication strategies and flawless execution. Spend time in market deepening your personal understanding of the needs of C-levels we serve.
Support channel value proposition. Leverage SambaSafety’s position with our scores of longstanding channel partners, including background screeners, insurance companies and technology-forward analytics partners. Position SambaSafety as the best partner for strategic alliances and help partners to sell our joined-up solutions. Collaborate closely with the channel team.
Lead a high-performing marketing team. Collaborate with your marketing staff, Finance and Sales to report rigorously on results relative to financial and other targets. Acknowledge and learn from misses and celebrate wins. Hypothesize, test and review results with urgency. Lead SambaSafety’s marketing organization to deliver our core values of teamwork, accountability and impact at a high level.
How you’ll you accomplish this:
- Proven success as a high-level leader in building and leading marketing teams and in building a brand- new brand for a rapidly scaling tech company
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, sterling candor and strong inspirational qualities
- Background in researching and partnering with enterprise clients to define the customer voice, company mission, and create messaging that succinctly educates existing and prospective clients on technical offerings and value proposition
- Excellent knowledge in defining and creating user/customer segmentation, competitive market research, B2B persona development, and creative marketing strategies in the tech space
- Strong background in PR/content marketing in the tech space combined with experience running a client acquisition strategy using Account-based Marketing (ABM)
- Data-driven and iterative approach to marketing - we want to measure the ROI of marketing campaigns, A/B test approaches rapidly, and scale winning scenarios
- Concerted effort to understand our customers and market, preferably by spending time in market and with our market-facing organization, in addition to reading and research
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years’ experience leading high performing marketing teams
- 6+ at the VP of Marketing/CMO level
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years in B2B and SaaS businesses, as well as deep background in performance marketing channels and toolsets across SEM/SEO, display, paid social, affiliate, and marketplaces as well as channel attribution
- Proven track record in building customer journeys and automations
- Effective partnership experience – a sincere desire to collaborate with colleagues in Sales and other departments
- Strategic acumen
- Proven leader and thought leader in consumer marketing
- Understanding of the interaction of performance marketing and awareness/brand marketing, with the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Able to utilize qualitative and quantitative data to develop actionable strategic and channel recommendations and insights
- Successful in drivingefficiency in performance marketing with strong budget management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with cross-platform marketing and constructing customer journeys and drip series
- Knowledgeable about mobile marketing best practices