Chief Communications Officer (Remote) at Guild Education
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a Chief Communications Officer to lead communication for the nation’s leading B Corporation, reshaping education and upskilling for the future of work. Guild straddles the future of work and education, and has created a new category in doing so. By providing thought leadership, driving policy, and shaping the conversation on the future of work and learning, you will help all of our various stakeholders understand the complex and multi-dimensional problems we’re solving at Guild. This role reports directly to our CEO Rachel Carlson.As Guild’s Chief Communications Officer, you will:
- Through community, business and political engagement, develop and lead strategies to build a large, diverse coalition to advance the cause of an equitable future of work with educational opportunity for all Americans.
- Serve as communications advisor across all touch points and audiences for Guild, including media, partners, customers, and investors.
- Lead Guild’s communications and build out the teams and functions to support the next stage of our growth
- Represent Guild's corporate brand and broader stakeholder communication strategies
- Work cross functionally with key partners in Guild’s 3-sided marketplace in order to achieve outcomes
- Serve as the key communications thought partner to our CEO, and to the entire leadership team
- Perform as a critical member of Guild’s executive team -- bringing additional leadership and communications insight beyond key functional skills.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A background in a high growth organization, with an emphasis on mission-driven outcomes
- Experience as the functional leader of communications, working closely with an executive team
- Facilitate a variety of cross functional and external relationships with executive and advisory boards, university leaders, and policy makers
- National domestic communications within regulated industries such as: healthcare, financial services, financial technology, the gig economy, transportation, education technology and green technology.
- Experience with multi-audience business models and working in partnership with key business stakeholders.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for the role is market driven, including a base salary range of $300,000-$325,000 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.