Channel Marketing Manager at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing growth of the Checkr business. We’re looking for a Channel Marketing Manager to join our partner marketing team and expand our joint marketing efforts into additional partners within our ecosystem. As the Channel Marketing Manager, you will work closely with Demand Generation, Partnership Management, and external Partner Teams to drive meaningful revenue for the business through our channel partner ecosystem.
As Channel Marketing Manager, you will own the segmentation, development, and execution of a partner-marketing strategy for our channel partners to help us drive new customer sign-ups from our partners’ install bases. Our channel partners include Greenhouse, Paylocity, ClearCompany, HigherMe, BambooHR, Workable, JazzHR and many more. The ideal candidate has solid experience in channel marketing programs and an intuitive understanding of both demand generation and product marketing fundamentals. This person is a self-starter who can seamlessly take a simple value proposition and tease out a multi-channel strategy for revenue.
- Drive customer acquisition, sign-ups, and activation through our channel partnerships
- Launch marketing and communications strategies for new channel partnerships
- Create polished messaging, positioning, and programs that support revenue creation through our partners, working cross-functionally with the demand generation, partnership management, and marketing teams
- Drive partner engagement through webinars, in-person events, sponsorships, content, and advertising
- Develop content and help streamline operational efforts to help attract, qualify and convert high-quality prospects from partner install bases
- Be responsible for the marketing plan on new partnerships as well as developing and executing on-going co-marketing programs with existing partners
- Work with our partners to bring new customers to Checkr by building advertising programs, email marketing plans, hosted webinars, event sponsorship, co-branded content, and partner incentives
- Engage existing partners through regular communications that could include webinars, newsletters, partner communities, incentives, gifts, recognition, etc.
- Own and report on new customer acquisition efforts from channel partners including new customer sign-ups and channel revenue per partner
- 3-5 years of marketing experience with 2+ years focused on channel marketing in the high-tech industry (preferably SaaS)
- Experience in engaging and building win-win relationships with partners
- Build and execute project plans with a focus on clearly defined partner KPIs
- Team player with experience coordinating across different teams including business development, sales, and marketing
- Excellent project/program management skills
- Analytical, with the ability to create and drive key marketing strategies and decisions
- Creative self-starter that imagines and executes successful marketing programs
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $86,700-$102,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.