Category & Merchandising Manager at Artifact Uprising
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:59 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Denver, CO - As an innovative Category & Merchandising Manager, you will develop, execute, and evaluate all merchandising & category management efforts at AU. You will be responsible for the day to day presentation of products, messaging and pricing on our site to ensure our customers have a clear, successful path to (profitable) purchase.
This role will also act as the category manager, overseeing sku/category performance & identifying key opportunities for new physical products within the AU portfolio to drive growth. This role will partner closely with the Product/Engineering team to innovate and improve on the overall look, feel, and navigation of the site and to develop innovations in digital customer experience (i.e. homepage redesign, etc.). This role requires a strong analytical POV, a strong understanding/empathy for the customer journey, experience working on e-commerce platforms to execute digital merchandising strategies, and a strong sense of aesthetics and digital storytelling savvy, along with an in-depth understanding of marketing tools that support a customer’s journey.
The Day to Day
- Lead cross-functional effort across Brand, Revenue, Creative, Prod/Eng, Ops and CX to ensure seamless execution of promotions & campaigns on AU site
- Lead category management & assortment planning efforts for AU product portfolio; provide strategic recommendations to inform new product development process
- Lead pricing strategy for AU product portfolio
- Provide business inputs and context to prod/eng teams to influence features/functionality & prioritization to improves customer journey on site
- Own & manage execution of all site merchandising, including: sort order, homepage programming, navigation, cross-sell/upsell, landing pages, and category, subcategory/product listing and product detail pages
- Deliver financial goals (sales and profit, AOV, etc.) and objectives for each category within site merchandising, pricing, and site communication experience
- Develop AU’s merchandising & programming calendar
- Manage non-eng/non-feature a/b testing focused on maximizing campaign performance, in partnership with Revenue (i.e. sort order, clp/landing page destination testing, etc.)
- Analyze category & sku productivity, and competitive physical product offerings to identify/prioritize profitable growth opportunities for AU lines of business; provide product recaps for new & existing skus/categories
- Provide business inputs and context to creative teams to influence content execution that improves customer journey on site (SEO, blog, etc.)
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities and collaborate with internal teams to drive change
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- BS in Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, with excellent Excel skills
- Experience in BI tools (Looker, Google Analytics or similar tools)
- Experience with working with CMS systems and with basic HTML coding
- Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines
- Possess proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Prior experience in e-commerce required
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the belief that everyone has a story to tell, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, gym reimbursement, 401(k) matching plan and commuter benefits.
Why Artifact Uprising?
Creative FreedomWe value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Artifact Uprising is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description