Brazil Content Marketing Lead at Sling TV
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and flexible individual to join our International Business Unit as a Marketing Lead - Brazil. Our team operationalizes, markets, and sells international programming packages, with a portfolio of over 20 language groups, within the United States.
The Marketing Lead - Brazil will be responsible for developing marketing strategies and tactics designed to acquire, retain and monetize subscribers of Brazilian language programming packages for both DISH and Sling TV. The Brazilian ethnic market is unique within our business and an energetic brand marketer with Brazilian cultural expertise is required to help accelerate growth within this segment. This position will report to the Sr. Brand Manager - International.
The scope of the role may include making recommendations based on customer insight supporting content acquisition and retention, and developing and managing brand campaigns and plans catered to the Brazilian market within the US. You will work cross functionality across the team and the enterprise with key stakeholders to ensure all International business unit requirements are met, and initiatives can be launched on time and within budget.
You should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple reporting requirements and relationships with key stakeholders, and working to find creative solutions as needed.
- Along with the Sr. Brand Manager - International, develop brand plans, campaign & creative. Development and management for both DISH and Sling’s Brazilian business.
- Own Brazilian culture expertise in assessing campaign and creative strategy and effectiveness.
- Manage marketing relationships, co-marketing activities and spend with Brazilian programmers.
- Liaise with internal team members (digital, grassroots, marketing analytics) for campaign goal setting, delivery, measurement and reporting.
- Manage external creative and marketing agencies for campaign and tactic delivery.
- Manage Brazilian marketing budget and spend to predefined objectives and KPI’s.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
The Right Stuff
- Experience in a marketing or content role focused on the Brazilian ethnic market is required.
- Brazilian Portuguese language fluency (verbal and written comprehension) and thorough understanding of the Brazilian community and consumer behavior is required.
- Strong communication skills (effectively communicate with senior executives/business partners) and collaborative/team work skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university AND/OR 2 to 4 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus but not a requirement.
- Problem solver with results orientation and understanding of subscription metrics, including reach, frequency, ROI and CPA, is a plus.
- Excellent skills with productivity tools (MS Office/Google Docs) and attention to detail are desirable.