Brand Director at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (MST) on Monday, January 3, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Role:
The JumpCloud brand director will champion a compelling brand vision, expression, and execution for JumpCloud that will get the attention of our customers, prospects, employees, job seekers, investors, and partners across the tech and MSP landscapes. Doing this will require working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other design, editorial, and creative groups, as well as our advertising agencies. The brand director will own the JumpCloud brand guide and review all creative against that guide, will be the driver for our awareness advertising campaigns, and will partner with other groups to support our ambitious goals around branded search, extending brand campaigns into experiential, social, PR, and buzz marketing as well.
We are looking for an innovative, strategic brand leader to help grow awareness and build strong equity at both the master brand and sub-brand (partner, product) levels. The ideal candidate will have extensive in-house or agency experience helping tech/product-led growth companies become global iconic brands.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Marketing and Communications, you will have a tremendous impact across the business by overseeing our brand positioning, architecture, and messaging. This role requires someone who can expertly manage qualitative and quantitative research, then bring actionable insights and business-driving implications to senior leaders around the company. As Director of Brand Strategy, you will be responsible for building a global center of excellence for brand strategy, helping to ensure that a deep understanding of our customers and their needs are at the center of all marketing strategies going forward.
- Ensure brand consistency and accuracy - be the brand champion from a design and content perspective. Main point of contact for everything brand.
- Responsible for the overall brand image and ensuring it properly resonates with its target market.
- Define the brand, find its audience, build and strengthen the connection between the brand and its audience, then grow the audience while building and guarding the brand.
- Analyze, stay on top of market trends, watch competition, lead marketing and ad campaigns to ensure brand image is upheld
- Utilize both offline and online digital marketing methodologies to increase ROI and brand loyalty.
- Lead the operationalization of brand initiatives across the company; and brand strategies for acquired companies.
- Partner closely with colleagues in Product Marketing, Demand Gen and Digital Marketing, and Sales to bring to life consistent and compelling positioning across every brand touchpoint.
- Partner with business intelligence (BI) to “own” customer intel and drive new market opportunities.
- Work with marketing analytics and business intelligence to identify appropriate metrics and measurement for brand campaigns.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8+ years experience in B2B, SaaS, high-tech products/services preferred; agency experience a plus
- Strategic creativity, quantitative reasoning and excellent writing
- Strong communication skills, easily adaptable, proactive
- Up to date with latest trends and ability to forecast trends
- Innovative thinker, reflective, ability to research and translate findings
- A great multitasker with the ability to see the big picture, or vision, and how many small elements fit into that vision
- Comfortable in a leadership position as your job is to drive the brand forward
- Experience developing brand differentiation and governance, value propositions, visual identities, and more
- Strong ability to convey an idea in a compelling storytelling approach
- Adaptable and focused, and very comfortable working in a high-growth, fast-paced work environment
- Must be data driven and comfortable with developing KPIs, developing and using dashboards, analyzing data and campaign attribution
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication or a related field preferred
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $160-$190k, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description