Associate Email Strategist
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers, delivering unparalleled insight into user behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at RP
The Associate Email Strategist, Professional Services delivers entry-level Professional Services product offerings to Return Path’s clients, as well as supporting senior members of the team with the preparation of their consulting engagements. This person will work closely with our Email Optimization experts and Client Services team to build and grow the Professional Services organization.
In addition, this person will be responsible for:
- Prepare and deliver entry-level PS projects.
- Support Strategists and Senior Strategists with the execution of more complex PS projects by pulling reports, capturing screenshots, documenting a client's email process, etc.
- Build-up and demonstrate a complete understanding of all PS Services.
- Shadow Professional Services’ internal support function (PSHelp) to build up experience.
- Shadow Strategists and Senior Strategists in client calls & meetings to build up experience.
- Contribute input to pitches & proposals, where the Associate Email Strategist is a subject matter expert (perhaps because of previous experience).
- Support Strategists and Senior Strategists in the review/revision of existing PS solutions.
- Conduct, document, and share research into competition, market trends, and best practices.
Learning and Knowledge sharing:
- Attends industry events (webinars, seminars, etc.).
- Reads newly published research.
- Participates in knowledge sharing across the team.
- Initial thought leadership will be internally focused, e.g. the Associate Email Strategist will prepare a report or presentation built around a topic that he/she is a subject matter expert in, for internal distribution and/or presentation.
- As the Associate Email Strategist develops in the role, he/she will also start to, contribute regularly to the Return Path blog, with guidance from Senior Strategists and PS Leaders.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- The ideal candidate will have built up at least 2-3 years of email marketing experience in a brand, agency or service provider environment OR has a suitable qualification (e.g. a diploma in email marketing or digital marketing).
- An organized, operationally minded person who is a critical thinker who can help shape and improve current processes to be better.
- Use time effectively and efficiently to concentrate efforts on the most important priorities, handle several tasks at once, and consider short and long term goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Data literate, and capable of using data to support findings and recommendations.
- Proven dedication to developing strong client relationships in order to interact with a range of clients in a professional, credible manner.
To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.