Senior Product Counsel at RingCentral
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, team-oriented and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We're the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually and we're looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
Job Type: Full Time | Location: Denver, CO or Charlotte, NC
RingCentral seeks a tech-savvy attorney to serve as Senior Product Counsel on a quickly growing team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast pace sales-driven culture and will be responsible for reviewing new products and feature enhancements for compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks, seek input from internal SMEs, and advise on cutting-edge unified communications services. Specifically, you will develop a deep understanding of our products, issue spot, review inputs and approvals from internal stakeholders and SMEs (including but not limited to product, engineering, marketing, procurement, IP, privacy, regulatory, etc.), and monitor launched products for on-going product compliance. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of legal issues related to privacy, open source, data security, encryption requirements, and third-party licensing, with support from internal SMEs.
- Providing day-to-day advice on regulations concerning the design, development, operation, procurement, distribution, and marketing in the provision of UCaaS
- Monitoring and advising the business of upcoming regulatory changes with support from relevant SMEs
- Implementing and maintaining applicable regulatory compliance policies and processes
- Drafting any required service attachments or other transactional documents.
- JD degree from a top tier law school with strong academic performance.
- 5-8 years of minimum relevant work experience with a major law firm and in-house.
- Experience in the telecommunications or wireless technology industry.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to professionally manage time, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to spot problems and develop and lead the implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients.
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
Benefits and amenities:
- Opportunities that accompany a high growth organization
- (10) Company Wide Holidays
- RSU's (Restricted Stock Units)
- 401K Match
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.