About the Team
Zoom Phone team is part of the Product Legal team supporting the expansion of the Zoom Phone product. This is an innovative and rapidly growing team that is focused on delivering happiness through practical, business-savvy, legally sound proactive guidance. The Product legal team is a collaborative team of in-house lawyers that proactively advises our business teams, assesses and mitigates legal risks, and provides guidance on global regulatory compliance requirements for numerous types of service offerings.About the Role
As Senior Product Counsel, you will work on interesting and complex legal/regulatory issues as we support go-to-market programs to deliver the most delightful communications experience to our customers around the world. Your primary responsibility will be providing regulatory guidance and legal strategy supporting (i) market expansion and new programs globally, (ii) innovation and support of go-to-market strategies and sales channel/geo expansion programs, (iii) development of compliance programs for such strategies, and (iv) supporting business team to address customer questions in region. You will develop channel programs and strategies and advise on implementation requirements for reseller and other channel partners. You will partner with stakeholder teams to implement programs and onboard partners. Manage regulatory and highly sensitive aspects of programs and partner agreements while owning the regulated aspects of the carrier/reseller partner relationship. You will advise on strategies for provisioning logistics (e.g. porting) and implementation activities.About You
- You have 10+ years of direct experience in regulated telecommunications; preferably in-house and law firm experience, with a tier-1 carrier or global transport provider, or in enterprise level tech space in global jurisdictions;
- JD and admission to a state bar or local equivalent that authorizes the practice of law.
- You have experience establishing and growing a unified communications platform / regulated telecom service on a global scale.
- You have expertise in understanding and driving channel strategy for regulated services.
- You have deep expertise in telecommunications technical and carrier ecosystem including carrier interconnects, peering and tandem models, numbering systems, and the regulatory frameworks at all levels
- You have the ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in some cases, will be matters of first impression but with openness to adapting in response to a fluid and expanding product roadmap.
- You have a sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
- You are extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously,
- You can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Given Zoom’s status as a federal contractor, we are subject to President Biden’s Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As such, Zoom requires all US employees, including remote employees, to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram