Senior Legal Counsel (Remote) at Vendavo
We collaborate with our customers like few others in our industry. That’s how we help global businesses achieve extraordinary outcomes in driving predictable, profitable outcomes and growth, by combining the best technology, processes, and – most importantly – people.
It doesn’t stop with unlocking opportunities for customers: We’re committed to creating growth, opportunity, diversity, and inclusion for our employees, too.
Our team is growing. You will, too.Job Description
You’ll be joining a people-focused company providing expert legal advice on a broad range of topics, and guiding others across the business on all aspects of legal compliance. The role will have a particular focus on software licensing, partner and vendor contract negotiation, drafting and management, including matters related to contractual liability and risk-shifting provisions, data privacy, intellectual property, product, compliance, and SaaS-specific provisions. This position will report to our General Counsel.
The role will particularly involve the following:
- Advising on the legal aspects of a wide range of operational and strategic decisions that may have significant impact on the business in a clear and concise, solution-oriented matter.
- Drafting and negotiating high value and complex technology agreements directly with third parties including customer SaaS subscription and consulting agreements, partner and reseller agreements, and complex vendor contracts in a fast-moving environment with rapid negotiation cycles.
- Understanding of, and practical experience of applying, the California Consumer Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the EU GDPR and other related legislation, standards and codes of practice relating to data privacy.
- Taking and advising on risk based decisions from a legal perspective.
- Assisting and participating in the improvement of legal processes, templates, policies, training, and other programs to build structure and efficiency and enable the business to better achieve its goals.
- Providing counsel and guidance to departments across the business including Product, Marketing, Security and other business functions regarding compliance and customer requirements in areas such as data privacy, export controls, trade secret management, antitrust/anti-competition, intellectual property, unfair and deceptive trade/advertising practices and data security compliance, throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to other attorneys in Vendavo’s legal team.
- Advising the People & Culture team on complex employment matters with reference to outside counsel, when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An experienced or expert attorney with exceptional academic and in-house and/or law firm credentials, and a strong client service mentality.
- Admitted into and in good standing with the bar of a U.S. state.
- Experience of complex negotiations, including approx. 6 - 8 years of transactional experience in the technology sector -- drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on a variety of customer and partner transactions.
- Strong understanding of legal constraints and risks around intellectual property, open source software, export controls, global data privacy and data security compliance, particularly in the SaaS industry, as well as broad commercial awareness.
- Experience making or advising on significant decisions regarding legal and compliance risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong commercial experience with customer, partners and vendors; experience advising product management on applicable law and data privacy; experience working with security function on data security standards compliance.
- Experience managing litigation, M&A transactions and complex employment matters in the US and internationally would be an advantage.
- Strong professional judgment, practicality, and client service focus. Proactive, self-motivated and able to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act on best information available and not wait for certainty.
- Excellent analytical and oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours