Senior Counsel, IP Transactions at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the Team
The IP Transactions Team at Zoom is part of the broader Zoom IP team that handles IP related transactional matters for all products and businesses across the globe. We work on cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced and fun environment. We are looking for an IP transactional attorney with sound judgment and strong communication skills who can effectively handle a broad range of intellectual property and technology issues.This is the first role of its kind and this person will have the unique opportunity to own the function and be a founding member of the team.
About the Role
In this role, you will:
- Negotiate and draft complex intellectual property agreements, including patent and technology license agreements, joint development agreements, university licenses, patent pool agreements, settlement agreements and standard-setting organization agreements.
- Counsel internal clients on all aspects of IP agreements and IP provisions of commercial agreements.
- Analyze patent licenses and provide support in IP disputes with third parties.
- Manage outside counsel in complex transactional matters.
- Conduct IP due diligence for acquisitions.
- You will have 12+ years of relevant IP experience, having worked in a law firm and in-house at a technology company
- You will have an Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- You will have Bar admission and JD from a top-tier law school
- You will have significant experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting IP provisions in a variety of agreements, including partnership agreements, settlement agreements, joint development agreements, patent cross-licenses, patent pool agreements, university licenses, etc.
- You will have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and experience working cross functionally with different legal and non legal teams
- Experience in IP litigation a plus.
- Must be comfortable having a fast-moving and heavy workload, with constantly changing priorities
- Must be able to work autonomously to manage matters from start to finish
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .