Senior Counsel, IP Litigation at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
The IP Litigation Team at Zoom handles IP disputes for all products and business units across the globe. We work on cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced and fun environment. We are growing and looking for a patent litigator who is passionate about IP and excited to join the dynamic IP team at Zoom. This person will have sound judgment, strong communication skills and can effectively manage the daily progress of IP cases. This person will also help manage Zoom's worldwide patent and other IP disputes and while working closely with cross functional teams across the organization
About the Role
- Manage and counsel on worldwide patent and other IP disputes, including litigation, pre-litigation licensing discussions, and PTAB proceedings
- Review, negotiate, and draft IP related agreements
- Counsel on Intellectual property risk
- Manage IP litigation budget
- Monitor IP decisions, legislation, and policy throughout the world; identify opportunities to influence developments
- You will have 8+ years of experience litigating and managing patent and other IP disputes in the United States
- You will have significant US district court and PTAB experience, including trial
- Prefer significant experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting IP provisions in a variety of agreements, including partnership agreements, settlement agreements, joint development agreements, patent cross-licenses, etc
- You will be a registered patent attorney
- You will have Bar admission, Juris Doctor from a top-tier law school & undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram