Senior Contracts Manager at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager to work alongside our General Counsel and Associate General Counsel in handling the commercial legal affairs of the company. Our ideal candidate is an experienced contract manager or paralegal who has experience working at a fast-moving SaaS company. This position will primarily support our global Sales team and company-wide Procurement efforts.
The Senior Contracts Manager role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, but is also someone who enjoys being part of a supportive team dedicated to providing high-caliber commercial transactional support to our internal team to drive impact across the Company as we rapidly scale. We are a small, growing Legal team handling very high volume. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment.
This position reports to the Associate General Counsel.What you'll do:
- Negotiate and close a variety of contracts, such as sales, licensing, and partnership agreements, and partner closely with CircleCI’s fast-moving global Sales team and Deals Desk
- Review and draft customer agreements: NDAs, Order Forms, and Master SaaS Agreements
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of procurement requests, negotiate vendor contracts and coordinate deliverables with our subject matter experts (Commercial Legal, Security, and Data Privacy)
- Support the Legal team in meeting its SLAs
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external parties to ensure efficient workflow and request management
- Help create and present Legal / Contract-related trainings to the broader CircleCI team
- Perform general contract and administrative support, including cross-functional coordination of legal matters on behalf of the Legal team
- Provide creative thinking to help identify legal technology solutions and related processes, including contract management, document and matter management tools, etc. in order to drive efficiency, collaboration and internal alignment
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a paralegal and/or contract manager, preferably at a SaaS company
- Team player who enjoys building relationships and collaborating with others
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Must be extremely organized, proactive, and resourceful with a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work in a proactive and service oriented manner
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information at the highest level
- Experience working with various functions and levels within an organization, including senior level management
- Must have knowledge and be comfortable with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Docusign and Salesforce)
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.