Senior Commercial Counsel at Zoom Video Communications
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (MST) on Friday, October 4, 2019
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
As a member of Zoom’s growing Commercial Legal team, the Senior Commercial Counsel will play a key role in supporting Zoom’s global sales organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to interface with cross-functional teams and external customers. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- 10+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Law Degree from a reputable institution, and license to practice in one of 50 U.S. States.
- Significant negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to supporting sales departments and managing enterprise sales deals.
- Ability to lead diverse teams through complex negotiations, keeping all tasks organized and stakeholders clearly informed of deliverables and timelines.
- Comfort with handling topics such as revenue recognition, data privacy, and security in the commercial contract context.
- Ability to understand business objectives and think creatively and outside-the-box to find resolutions to achieve requirements of all parties.
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to give succinct, commercially driven legal advice.
- Works well autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Maintains a ‘Growth Mindset’: every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Contract drafting, negotiation, and advisory responsibilities for Zoom’s products across Zoom’s global sales organization.
- Provide legal and strategic business advise to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
- Trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Zoom's overall business objectives
This position may be based in Denver, Kansas City, Atlanta, New York or Austin, and will report to the Senior Counsel, Commercial as a critical part of the Legal Team.
This position does not provide a relocation stipend at this time.
Check us out with a free download: zoom.us/download
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!
Read Full Job Description