Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies. We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
Reporting to the Director of Legal, the Senior Commercial Counsel role will provide guidance on commercial contract negotiations, while exercising excellent business judgment, managing risk, and employing creative-problem solving solutions. Typical transactions will range from NDAs and standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and get excited about closing deals - this job is for you.
You’ll get to:
- Work closely with the business to negotiate, draft and review a broad range of agreements, including master services, partnership, nondisclosure, referral, licensing, and other commercial agreements.
- Work closely and partner with cross-functional teams including the commercial teams to drive company revenue goals and internal buyers for vendor engagements.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance requirements are accurately reflected within agreements.
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate the contracting process.
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to implement, enable and train teams on contracting policies and processes.
- Advise on the development of new areas as needs may arise
We are looking for people who have:
- A Law degree
- A CA State Bar Membership or an equivalent State Bar Membership
- Relevant in-house experience (preferably), including experience negotiating complex SaaS agreements.
- Experience scaling legal commercial processes and policies.
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy laws and practices within the SaaS industry.
- Business acumen and ability to build relationships across the business, while collaborating cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Able to work independently while collaborating in an evolving environment and escalate issues/seek guidance appropriately.
- Experience working within the SaaS industry
- CIPP/US and/or CIPP/E
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Last update: 10/4/21