Regulatory Liaison Internal Auditor, Pharmacist
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
For regulatory liaison internal auditor at Alto Pharmacy, we are seeking an exceptional talent that will serve as a primary contact point for our regulatory partners, keep Alto on track with regulatory changes, rigorously scrutinize our pharmacy locations and assist those locations in identifying and correcting their regulatory opportunities.
This role is based in Denver, CO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly monitor and attend board of pharmacy meetings in all states that we service
- Remain current with applicable regulatory compliance through review of publications, participation in industry associations and training sessions
- Stay informed of regulatory changes and partner with cross functional teams to implement necessary changes
- Develop policies and procedures as necessary to accommodate regulatory changes and compliance opportunities
- Create training and communications around regulatory changes and compliance best practices
- Assist locations under regulatory audit (DEA/State Board of Pharmacy)
- Work with pharmacists in charge to respond to regulatory audit deficiencies as necessary
- Interface with external regulatory agencies regarding rules and regulations
- Develop audit checklist and scorecard to ensure alignment with internal policies, contracts and outside agency rules and regulations
- Visit pharmacy locations on a regular cadence for internal audits and assessments
- Assist pharmacies with action plans to correct any deficiencies identified
- Visit new locations to prepare for pre-licensing inspection
- Expand the regulatory liaison and audit team as business need indicates
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have experience working with, communicating verbally and in writing with boards of pharmacy and other regulatory agencies
- Communicate well with multiple stakeholders across different pharmacy sites
- Able to train, motivate, and coach staff in order to maintain high compliance standards and build team morale
- Are highly productive with minimal oversight
- Work simultaneously and efficiently on multiple engagements and priorities
- Have a strong understanding of boards of pharmacy and other regulatory agencies
- Familiar with a shared services/central processing pharmacy model
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values of always putting the patient first, having a mindset of humility, and acting with a sense of urgency
- Must have 8+ years of pharmacy experience
- State Board of Pharmacy license; Licensed Pharmacist in home state
- 2-5 years of pharmacy audit experience
- 2-5 years of experience working directly with state boards of pharmacy
- Sit/ stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally is required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers.
- Does this have a travel requirement? Travel via airplane and/ or automobile with overnight stays up to 50-75% of the time.