Real Estate Counsel, Leasing
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Real Estate Counsel, Leasing
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis seeks Counsel in our Operational Headquarters located in Denver, Colorado. This individual will work primarily within the leasing group of the legal department with specific emphasis on drafting and negotiating lease transaction documents, as well as handling internal lease processes, property management and project operations related documents and inquiries.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Draft and negotiate lease transaction and related documents (including complex build-to-suit and global customer leases, development agreements, and ground leases) in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Provide guidance to local markets on lease negotiations (including responding to customer comments to standard lease transactions that are handled locally by the markets).
- Draft and negotiate leases and other property related documents, such as consents to assignments and subleases, access and license agreements, landlord waiver and lender access agreements, service agreements, billboard leases, satellite and telecom agreements, subordination agreements, track use agreements, commission and listing agreements, brokerage license agreements, solar lease agreements, and mineral rights agreements.
- Develop professional relationships with resources both within the Company and outside the Company to provide legal and business counsel related to the leasing legal practice.
- Assist with brokerage compliance monitoring.
- Lease related due diligence for acquisitions, dispositions, and financing transactions.
- Provide guidance to local markets on property management and leasing related inquiries (including pre-litigation support).
- Other duties as assigned, including (as time permitting) supporting the transactional team on acquisitions, disposition and financing transactions.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- JD from an accredited law school in U.S. and a minimum of 13 years of extensive real estate leasing experience similar in scope to the described responsibilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exhibits grace under pressure, comfortable with high volume of transactions, has a good sense of humor and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity, collegiality, and the ability to work on a wide range of legal matters.
- Must be an independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
- Must be able to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment to make solid, justifiable legal decisions and take action in solving problems while knowing when and to whom to escalate issues.
- Must have strong PC skills with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience working either at a large in-house legal department or at a medium to large law firm.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.