Procurement Contract Negotiator
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO/ Charlotte, NC
What if the decisions you made changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
When you join RingCentral Legal, you’ll bring your expertise to everything from policy to contracts to lawsuits. You’ll help protect the company from threats, guide internal policy decisions and drive ideas that change the way the world communicates. All in a strong, encouraging culture designed to help you succeed.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success.
You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement.
RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Procurement Contract Negotiator is a significant position in our legal team that will actively work with a motivated set of clients. He/she will have exposure to many other teams and different projects within RingCentral, balancing many agreements and projects in an agile and growing atmosphere!
- Support with drafting, reviewing and making standard procurement agreements based on a guideline, workflow, and template approach.
- Reviewing third party agreements and revising to bring into alignment with corporate preferred positions and guidelines.
- Leads internal Contract Life Management system (currently Icertis).
- Participates in procurement related meetings, including calls with clients and vendors; Represent Legal during the proposal process
- Analyze to assist on refining and adding standard terms and process for approvals and signatures in compliance with company policies and procedures. This includes administration of playbooks, tracking, and contract templates.
- Managing and tracking various aspects of the RingCentral contract review, negotiation and execution processes.
- Review input from client groups for accuracy and audit compliance.
- Compile and summarize information about current and prior RingCentral contract provisions.
- Use established tools and best methodologies (and identifying new opportunities) to improve overall quality and efficiency, working closely with Procurement, Finance, Accounting, Security and Data Privacy.
- Participate in other projects as needed to support the broader legal function within RingCentral.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prefers 3-5 years of paralegal, contract administration or other related experience in a contract negotiator position at a law firm, in-house legal or contract management department, preferably in the procurement arena.
- Expertise in reviewing procurement contracts, vendor contracts and professional services terms and conditions.
- Exceptional writing, interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor needed to interact with all departments, levels and customers.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently but interactively; prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to carefully proof read and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, record keeping and record retention skills.
- Outstanding business judgment with the ability to think critically and strategically, while always being practical and knowing there are many ways to reach an end goal.
- Expertise in Word, DocuSign, contract lifecycle management, Box, Google, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.