Privacy Counsel at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
The Counsel, Privacy will play a key role on Zoom's privacy team. We are looking for a dynamic, pragmatic attorney with a passion for privacy and technology to advise clients on privacy issues related to technology, product development and new business initiatives. You must have excellent business judgment and be comfortable balancing legal risks and business strategy. You will partner cross-functionally across the company and may be called on to support all aspects of the business.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their privacy practice in a fast-paced, exciting, and supportive environment.
- Partner with product attorneys and engineers to review new products, features, and other new uses of personal data to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and industry practices
- Work with engineering and product teams to conduct data privacy impact assessments and to ensure that privacy-by-design is embedded into Zoom's products, including Zoom Events, App Marketplace, and the Developer Platform.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive compliance programs for privacy and data security, including GDPR and CCPA, and to develop and implement global standards, policies and processes surrounding privacy and data protection
- Manage data protection language in standard contractual agreements and support commercial attorneys in negotiating data protection terms
- Develop and conduct general and role-specific privacy trainings, including for team members responding to and actioning privacy rights requests
- Stay abreast of, and advise on, regulatory and industry developments, including monitoring trends in privacy and security laws, regulations, and public policy
- Maintain and update privacy policies and privacy notices as required or appropriate
- Undergraduate degree and JD
- At least 8 yrs combined technology legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- At least 4 yrs experience working on privacy and data protection matters, including strong knowledge of global privacy laws, including the CCPA and the GDPR
- Experience with technology and technical terminology is a must have; experience working directly with engineers is preferred
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with colleagues across the U.S. and globally
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Privacy certification (e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM)
- Experience in a corporate transactions role
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram