Privacy and Product Counsel at Alteryx, Inc.
At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
Overview – Privacy and Product Counsel
Alteryx is seeking an experienced, motivated, practical and solution-oriented attorney with expertise in privacy, data protection and technology products and transactions to join our Legal Department. In this role, you will work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Human Resources and Information Security teams, as well as with customer-facing functions to help solve complex legal and operational problems. The role will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Advise internal stakeholders and offer actionable guidance and solutions on the application, impact and implementation of all applicable global privacy and data protection laws, including GDPR, HIPAA, the California Consumer Privacy Act and other national, state and industry-specific laws, regulations and standards.
- Advise product management and engineering teams on a full range of issues related to new and existing products and services throughout the entire product life-cycle such as those relating to privacy and security by design and default, software licensing, intellectual property protection, open source issues and data governance and retention
- Negotiate and review commercial agreements, with focus on privacy and data protection risks in licensing, OEM arrangements, partnerships, contractor and vendor agreements
- Draft and/or revise internal and external-facing privacy policies and program documents
- Collaborate with Information Security and other stakeholders to handle incident response, including the review, coordination and management of potential privacy or data security incidents and related investigations, notifications and other resolution efforts
- Create and provide relevant training and ongoing awareness to legal team colleagues and internal clients
- Serve on Alteryx’s Privacy Committee and provide legal and strategic guidance on privacy activities, including cross-functional initiatives
- Review marketing materials and other communications relating to the design and operation of Alteryx’s products, including to assist in the communication of data use and protection
- A JD and active membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- IAPP certification a plus
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments advising on a full range of product development matters
- Familiarity with launching global products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of software product development in the technology space
- Fluency in translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership skills in a high-growth environment; a track record of driving for results.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with company executives and external clients