Paralegal at Reserve Trust
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:49 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
As the Legal Team’s third employee, you will play a critical role in helping manage Reserve Trust’s legal affairs, at a time of rapid growth and innovation. You will manage Legal-driven projects, such as subpoena responses and financial license applications, by coordinating project teams, tracking completion, and ensuring the projects meet team requirements. You will also support commercial customer engagements (including negotiations) and handle the operations that make a Legal Team function effectively.
This role reports to the Head of Legal and will collaborate with all departments across the company.
What You’ll Do:
· Manage responses to law enforcement and regulatory inquiries (e.g., subpoenas) involving document production, including coordinating information gathering efforts and reviewing materials for responsiveness and adequacy
· Manage the submission of regulatory applications and periodic filings and notices
· Support customer contract negotiations (e.g., through reviewing counterparty comments and applying Legal Department guidelines)
· Draft legal notices and communications to customers and regulators
· Manage corporate books and records, particularly those related to Board of Directors and Legal Department operations and corporate governance
· Assist with scheduling and preparing agendas for Board of Directors and annual shareholders meetings
· Support cap table maintenance
· Manage and lead execution of Legal Department projects (e.g., assisting with strategic transactions, maintaining data rooms, supporting due diligence, preparing and organizing company documents related to transactions or investor inquiries)
· Assist Office of the CEO with general and administrative functions as available
· Roll up your sleeves and help with whatever else is needed to scale the Legal Department!
· Preferred minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience as a Corporate Paralegal, preferably with a law firm, financial institution, or technology company
· Start-up experience a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree required; ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate preferred
· Experience with law enforcement subpoenas and financial license applications
· Experience with Carta or other cap table management software
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and document editing/comparison applications, Excel and spreadsheet/database applications, PowerPoint and presentation applications
· Exceptional professional judgment
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; exceptional proofreading skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
· Reliable and collaborative
· Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Equity Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $65,000 – 80,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Read Full Job Description