Paralegal at DispatchHealth
The Paralegal will support a two attorney legal department by assisting with contract data base establishment and management, contract administration, corporate entity recordkeeping, legal research and administrative functions. The role specializes in three types of records: client contracts, corporate entity records and health care records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Contract Data Base Establishment, Management and Analysis:
- Assist with design and implementation of contract/legal entity database
- Manage database content, including legal document storage, contract and corporate entity milestones including expiration, notice, annual reports and other requirements
- Optimize use of IT resources to promote access and efficiency in legal document management
- Assist with management of vendor contracts, and other contracts
- Use data base to proactively monitor contract/entity milestones and interact with clients regarding same
- Develop processes around data collection and contract performance management
- Recommend changes in procedure and bring to attention of contract owner any contract compliance issues found
Contract Administration and Corporate Entity Recordkeeping:
- Assist OGC with contract drafting, processing, adhering to standard contract requirements (or escalating for variance); Serve as the initial “go to person” to for standard client contracts
- Train, manage and oversee process for contract completion including distributing, obtaining signatures on, and electronically storing fully executed contracts in contract database
- Maintain and update standard contract templates
- Assist with client contract questions
- Conduct initial review of red-lined client contracts and related documents, summarize client changes, escalate with comments to OGC attorney for final review, if needed; make approved changes and return latest version to contract owner.
- Manage version control of multiple drafts of client contracts.
- Proactively manage corporate record-keeping/compliance for multiple legal entities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Manage key corporate/entity milestones including annual reports, periodic meetings and others
- Create documents for internal clients such as NDAs and BAAs.
- Communicate with contract owners as needed to improve data collection and accuracy
- Capture (or ensure contract owner captures) key operational requirements, milestones and representations in a routinized and methodical way
- Work with various Company department employees and management, including but not limited to Sales, Finance and Payer Services, to develop more efficient and meaningful processes.
Health Care Records:
- Support HIPAA compliance, BAA management and PHI disclosure functions
- Assist with escalated compliance review of requests for medical and billing records
- Develop and improve, as needed, processes concerning PHI disclosure and recordkeeping
- Recommend changes in procedure and bring identified issues to attention of OGC attorneys
- Administer medical and billing record requests
Legal Research and Administration:
- General administrative support of OGC
- Research and monitor developments in corporate, health care regulatory and other legal areas
- Perform administrative duties such as routine correspondence, filing, and database management
- Assist with escalated internal and external requests for medical and billing records
- Assist with developing policies, procedures and guidance for contracting, health records and other areas
- Support internal audit and compliance projects
- Assist in development and dispersal of compliance training materials (under direction)
- Participate in formal and informal interdepartmental training to deepen knowledge of company
- Participate in outside continuing legal education, as approved
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of previous work-related skill, knowledge and experience
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task
- Able to timely complete projects and work independently with general direction
- Superior Microsoft 360/MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel) and possess excellent computer skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills (conflict management, motivating cooperation, communicating expectations, training, etc.)
- Proactive, customer service attitude when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly evolving priorities and workflows
- Able to work whenever needed to assist in time-sensitive matters
- Must exercise judgment, discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated skill in applying emerging technology solutions (e.g., data-base management, AI) to legal administration
- Project management experience
Sedentary- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. A sedentary job involves sitting most of the time.