SonderMind is looking to hire a Manager of Payor Contracting to build a best-in-class payor contracting team. In this role, you will work cross functionally to ensure that contracts get processed completely and quickly. You will be responsible for keeping our contracting records organized, develop processes for a quick and efficient review of contracts with our Legal team, apply for all new contracts as we expand into new markets, and partner closely with Credentialing and Revenue Operations to resolve issues, maintain compliance and ensure strong functional relationships with our payor partners nationwide.
Our Ideal Candidate
You enjoy reviewing contracts, and have a high attention to detail. You are a builder, and have experience organizing, creating, and streamlining processes to make workflows more efficient. You lead by example. You are a clear communicator.
- Ensure that all contracting records are organized and tracked to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that process is developed to ensure quick and proper review of all contracts with Legal.
- Ensure that SonderMind applies for all new contracts as we expand to new markets and has sound, repeatable processes and infrastructure to support new and existing contracts and accounts
- Streamline handoffs between contracting and revenue operations and credentialing to ensure clear lines of communication, roles, responsibilities and ongoing compliance are maintained
- Within one month, take over current workstreams to streamline both new contracts and ongoing management of existing contracts
- Within two months, codify repeatable process steps and increase contract turnaround times by 30% for net new contracts with clear data and reporting to show outcomes
- Within three months, work cross functionally to develop a stratified 12-month plan to achieve desired contractual outcomes inclusive of net new contracts, contract renewals, and service line expansions with all payor partners.
- Within six months, codify repeatable processes, negotiation strategies and contractual language templates to drive 20% increase in contract yield for all renewing contracts
- Contracting and negotiation experience
- System and process implementation experience driving and building structure and rigor
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Experience working with legal, pricing, and other operational departments to "operationalize" contracts
- 5-8 years of relevant works experience
Nice to Have
- Masters degree
- Healthcare experience. "Getting healthcare" (i.e., understand stakeholder incentives, how money flows, and what is done/not done)
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range for this role is $88,000.00. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.