Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 16,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
At Evolve our mission is to make vacation rental easy for everyone, which includes navigating the legal and regulatory environment impacting the vacation rental business. We’ve taken an innovative approach to vacation rental management and we are looking for an innovative and driven Legal Operations Manager who can bring organization and creative problem solving skills to a growing legal and compliance team.
You will play a key role in building and managing a world-class legal and compliance operations function. You will collaborate and coordinate with cross functional business partners to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal team across our full range of priorities. You will be the primary point of contact for many of our clients and partners to ensure that we are building and strengthening these critical relationships. You will design and implement processes and policy to improve the efficient operation of our team. You will ultimately be responsible for many of the day-to-day functions of the Legal team and report to our General Counsel.
Join a fast-paced growth-stage culture, while having the support of a larger, well funded company-we’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital.
What you’ll do
- Own and manage Evolve’s legal operations processes, including the contract management, litigation reporting, recordkeeping, and outside counsel billing process.
- Evaluate, implement, and manage legal operations software.
- Lead the administration of Evolve’s contracts policy and process. Develop and deliver contract training as needed.
- Draft and prepare legal documents, including NDAs, purchase agreements, sales agreements, and any other documents related to real estate transactions.
- Review and lead development of contract templates and clauses.
- Lead or support Legal team projects, potentially including the ongoing ownership of cross functional initiatives.
- Maintain Evolve’s legal intranet page and corporate records, including minute books, corporate filings, equity administration, and other corporate governance needs.
- In collaboration with the General Counsel, develop tools for tracking team initiatives and goals.
What makes you a great fit
- 4+ years as a legal operations professional, paralegal, or legal project manager, preferably in an in-house legal team.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience implementing or administering contract management systems along with other legal operations software and processes.
- Highly effective organizational skills with ability to juggle competing priorities.
- A team player that is detail-oriented with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Ability and desire to learn everyday and tackle new challenges.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $83,584 - $96,146, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.