Legal Contract Manager Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS employs a team of highly skilled attorneys and contract managers, working collaboratively and collegially, to provide top-quality legal services to FIS’ internal stakeholders and high-profile institutional clients. The FIS legal department is a diverse, yet cohesive group of professionals focused on the cooperative and efficient leveraging of its worldwide resources to best address the sophisticated issues and opportunities facing a leading provider in one of the most rapidly growing sectors in the tech industry.
What you will be doing
You will prepare proposals, negotiate contracts and administer commercial and government contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements. Below is a list of general duties and responsibilities.
- Conducts pre-contract data collection and administration of commercial or government contracts.
- Creates, negotiates and/or administers contractual documents that establish business relationships with vendors, clients and/or partners.
- Works with sales, service and business operations teams to structure contracts.
- Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company practice, government specifications and requirements and conformance to master agreements. Drafts language as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions.
- Initiates documentation to authorize work in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Will conduct contract negotiations via draft and group conference settings.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Graduate degree or multiple years of experience in a similar role.
- Seven (7) or more years of professional work experience including two (2) years creating, negotiating and administering complex commercial contracts.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Strong organizational and relationship building skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deals and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of technology that supports contracting and negotiation.
- Leadership skills will offer additional career pathing opportunities.
Added bonus if you have:
- Formal legal training, JD, or Attorney is a plus.
- Prior sales experience.
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.