Legal Administrator at SumUp
Legal Administrator (Boulder, CO)
At SumUp, we empower small businesses across the globe by simplifying their lives and helping them succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To help us get there, we’re putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to businesses everywhere.
Your impact at SumUp:
The Legal Administrator will be a key member of SumUp’s global Legal team, providing organization and support to attorneys and other professionals around the world. The position is located in Boulder, Colorado, and reports to the General Counsel.
The Legal Administrator will manage day-to-day business and operational functions of the SumUp Legal team, supporting the delivery of high-quality legal services to internal clients. In addition to having general responsibility for a variety of administrative tasks, the Legal Administrator will
- administer outside counsel engagement and legal billing processes for SumUp globally, including the collection, accrual, and payment of outside counsel invoices;
- assist in managing legal technologies (e.g., document management, contract management and privacy management systems)
- develop informational and training materials relating to the Legal team;
- manage document retention and collection for subpoena, government agency, and litigation requests;
- organize Legal team events; and
- lead and support various ad hoc projects within the Legal team, as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a diverse skill set--including strong organizational and communication skills, experience with corporate legal operations, and careful attention to detail--and and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He or she will be expected to manage office functions economically and efficiently, organize work, establish priorities and build strong relationships within the Legal department, with outside counsel, and with SumUp stakeholders around the world.
- Related work experience in law firm or corporate legal or accounting department; understanding of legal workflows and familiarity with enterprise legal management software (e.g., Serengeti/Legal Tracker) preferred.
- Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, at times competing, priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace suites.
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $60,000 to $70,000. Since this position is remote-friendly, compensation will be finalized by candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.