Legal Administrative Assistant
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Administrative Assistant of our Legal Systems, you will work on all aspects of the company’s Matter Management and E-Billing system, Legal Tracker (“System”), including for example, maintaining and further developing the System; supporting company users in their use of the System; managing and coordinating invoicing through the System with the company’s Accounts Payable Department; providing ongoing training and first-level support to company and law firm users; and creating and generating System reports. The duties and responsibilities for this role include acting as the principal System liaison for other company stakeholders. Additional job functions include helping administer other legal department systems such as the Ethics Helpline, Carpe Diem and DocuSign.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Assist with System implementation, configuration, development and on-going maintenance throughout the company including Europe, Asia and the Americas and Provide on-going training and support to new or existing company users to ensure proper and uniform data collection.
- Provide first-level support to company and law firm users including: (1) serving as the first point of contact for all System support inquiries; and (2) acting as the principal System liaison for other company stakeholders including for example Accounts Payable, Property Management, Investment Services, Environmental, etc.
- Review and analyze opportunities for improved System utilization based on company objectives.
- Create, modify and revise matter templates depending on company user needs.
- Provide internal support for invoice approval and payment, including maintaining appropriate invoice approval routes; monitoring the timely processing of invoices; and otherwise coordinating and collaborating with the company’s Accounts Payable Department to ensure payment of approved System invoices.
- Create, develop and generate System reports based on company and/or departmental objectives.
- Manage System security by monitoring company and law firm access including onboarding law firms, legal vendors and other users of the System.
- Help administer and manage the Ethics Helpline, Carpe Diem (timekeeping tool) and DocuSign (electronic signature and contract generation system).
- Help administer and manage SpringCM, a system that allows business users to manually generate form contracts/leases.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including for example, handling incoming and outgoing mail; submitting expense reports; and making occasional travel arrangements.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with a law firm or corporation.
- A background in Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker preferred although other matter management or litigation support program experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of legal processes and practices and familiarity with basic concepts and terminology.
- Must have strong PC skills and the ability to learn and use proprietary computer systems and databases.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Very good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be independent, self-directed, organized and diligent worker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately and delegate to resources available.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.