In-House Corporate Counsel at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Team:
JumpCloud is developing its legal team and you will be the third member. You will be joining the General Counsel and Paralegal, working directly with the business stakeholders at JumpCloud. As JumpCloud continues to grow, additional team members will be added.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including: customer, master services, SaaS, MSP, reseller, integration, marketing, and vendor agreements.
- Providing sound, practical, and strategic legal advice to go-to-market teams as well as the HR, Finance, Security/IT, Product, Innovation, Marketing, and Executive teams.
- Identifying legal and regulatory issues with product and marketing initiatives, operational matters, and customer engagements, including privacy and data security issues, and working with the appropriate resources to devise effective and creative solutions.
- Developing and leading initiatives to drive legal department efficiency through the use of technology, processes, forms, and best practices.
- Thinking ahead, seeing around corners, and helping prepare for legal and business issues that may arise in the future.
- Working with internal clients to advise on negotiation strategy and ensure the contemplated legal terms will meet business needs over the long term.
- Working with stakeholders in the business to analyze, manage, and mitigate risk.
- Developing and improving our library of form agreements and templates to comply with changes in law and changes in the market.
- Collaborating with other members of the Legal Team to improve standard processes for contracting and complying with contractual obligations.
- Performing other duties or special projects as needed.
We’re looking for:
- Licensed to practice (and in good standing) in at least one state in the US (preferably CO or CA)
- 3-7 years of experience with a mix of in-house and law firm experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are a must with the ability to work with a cross-functional team
- Skills in analyzing contractual risk; drafting and negotiating experience
- Experience with data protection issues and international compliance a plus
- Experience with M&A and employment a plus
- Highly organized with great attention to detail, ability to work independently and manage several simultaneous projects
- Strong work ethic with a customer/client focused approach
- Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment as JumpCloud grows
- Takes initiative and pursue opportunities for improving efficiency
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Experience in legal drafting
- Excellent computer skills (Adobe, Microsoft, Google)
- Experience with SalesForce and Carta, a plus
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is a range of $150,000-$190,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description