In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is seeking an Investigations Counsel to join the Compliance and Ethics Team. This person will play a critical role on our team and will investigate a host of compliance-related matters globally concerning allegations related to financial or accounting matters, potential Code of Conduct violations, and other issues that may present compliance or legal risk. The counsel will also develop remediation plans and recommend enhanced controls to prevent similar issues or misconduct in the future. This person will also provide regular counsel and advice to the business on Compliance matters both related and unrelated to the investigatory workflow.
We are seeking an experienced attorney who can hit the ground running, thrives in a fast-paced global environment, and can pivot as needed to meet business needs. Given the global nature of the role, this person will need to have the flexibility to conduct interviews in different time zones.
- Concurrently manage and lead on multiple internal investigations globally and second-chair on investigations being led by other team members
- Personally conduct in-depth and complex investigations from start to finish, including developing an investigation plan, collecting and reviewing documents and other relevant evidence, conducting interviews, drafting interview memos, closing reports, and summaries for senior leadership and stakeholders
- Complete investigations within a reasonable timeframe given the complexity of the matter and other factors, such as impact on the business, regulatory requirements, or internal guidelines
- Manage and oversee investigations conducted by external counsel
- Maintain appropriate and organized documentation of all investigative activities
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders on investigations (including for example Employee Relations, HR, and Insider Risk) and on other legal functions on identified legal issues
- Provide counsel and advice to the business
- Develop and conduct training on compliance matters
- Maintain a global mindset in performing responsibilities and demonstrate a high degree of initiative with minimal direct supervision
- Effectively manage case workload and perform additional daily responsibilities to serve the function's mission with a high level of proficiency
- Monitor industry trends, news, and regulatory enforcement orders and assess impact on Zoom and our work on behalf of the Company
- Develop a deep understanding of Zoom products and compliance requirements to identify potential compliance and legal risks
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve or develop internal processes and controls
- Develop remediation plans, which may include training programs or improved internal controls to prevent compliance risks
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and bar admission
- 5+ years' experience in conducting investigations at a company, regulatory/government agency, law firm or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated individual who has the ability to function as an integral part of the legal Compliance and Ethics team and work effectively in a virtually collaborative setting
- Developed understanding of human behavior, motivation, and performance
- Working knowledge of policies, procedures, and strategies needed to support investigative operations
- Strong process/program management and prioritization skills
- Ability to identify discrepancies, inconsistencies, problems and take the initiative to recommend solutions
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, who is capable of learning on the job and developing new approaches to address complex problems
- Experience working in government (e.g., DOJ, SEC, AUSA)
- Experience in employment law, privacy, and regulatory or criminal defense
- Experience with global investigations and/or those involving multiple regulatory agencies
- In-house experience at a technology or start-up company
- Foreign language skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Google Suite (including Google Slides, Google Documents), and Workday
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .