Corporate Counsel at Conga
We are looking for an Corporate Counsel to join our team in Broomfield, CO who can take a leadership role in the areas of commercial negotiations, corporate governance and policy enforcement, HR/employment matters, data security/privacy, dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance. Must be able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholder groups, including HR, Finance, Operations, Product, IT, etc., and maintain your composure (and sense of humor) while tackling complex issues in a fast-paced environment.
An engaging day will focus mostly on meeting with business partners and Customers regarding SaaS licensing agreements, but also business matters pertaining to corporate law, and legal support process optimization. When necessary, you will work with other Conga stakeholders to support matters related to facilities, HR, intellectual property, risk mitigation, vendor management, and professional services.
On occasion, you may team with outside counsel on particular matters and leverage their expertise to help navigate complex legal issues. You should also expect something (or many things) unexpected to arise, and you will exercise your outstanding judgment to reset your priorities and communicate to your internal clients any altered expectations.
Apttus’ legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice and a “get to yes” attitude to deal support. Your unique skill-set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with Channel Partners and Customers for the provision of SaaS and associated implementation services
- Advise the company on product and service offerings in order to maintain regulatory compliance, related to new and existing products
- Create, update and maintain privacy, data security and product compliance guidelines
- Help build scalable and effective processes for global legal support
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, IT, and Security
- Develop forward-looking privacy strategies, policies, and tools to engender trust in the areas of privacy and data usage
- Position privacy practices as a competitive advantage internally
- Serve as the subject matter expert on regulatory issues impacting Apttus and its service offerings, including impact from domestic and international legal frameworks
- Coordinate across business lines to keep current on business activities and future plans, collect necessary information and data, assess applicable laws and regulations, and assist and advise business partners in the implementation of regulatory requirements and risk management
- Manage special projects supporting both Legal and Compliance functions
- Help draft, review and update foundational documents for product and service offerings (e.g., terms of service, privacy policies and service change notifications) and internal policy documents (e.g. data security breach plan and data transfer policy)
- Stay up-to-date on evolving laws and regulations dealing with privacy, data security, and consumer protection
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant legal experience
- SaaS licensing experience
- Solid knowledge of the legal aspects of data privacy, data sovereignty, and security as it relates to cloud computing
- Exceptional Academic and Law Firm Credentials, admitted into and in good standing with at least one recognized legal credentialing program or “Bar”
- In-house experience within a technology company preferred
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work independently are a must
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally across teams with a team attitude that no job is too big or too small
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems