Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
At Evolve our mission is to make vacation rental easy for everyone, which includes navigating the legal and regulatory environment impacting the vacation rental business. We’ve taken an innovative approach to vacation rental management and we are looking for a Corporate Counsel who can bring a strong intellect and creative problem solving skills to a small and growing legal and compliance team.
As Corporate Counsel, you will help lead the company’s efforts to address local short term rental regulation, state real estate licensing regulations, and other laws and regulations impacting our business. You will collaborate with other legal professionals and leaders across our organization to address a wide range of legal and business challenges. With vacation rental growing and changing rapidly in the U.S., the legal and regulatory challenges are becoming more complex. If you enjoy navigating uncharted territory and tackling unique challenges, this may be the role for you.
Join a fast-paced growth-stage culture, while having the support of a larger, well funded company-we’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate regularly with the General Counsel and executive team to establish legal and compliance priorities.
- Lead the company’s short term rental and real estate regulatory compliance efforts.
- Advise stakeholders about a wide range of legal and compliance matters, including corporate, regulatory, and tax matters.
- Monitor legislation and engage with associations, industry experts and government representatives on matters related to the short term rental business.
- Manage outside law firms across a variety of practice areas, while balancing cost and effectiveness in the delivery of legal services to our stakeholders.
- Develop policies, procedures, and compliance plans in collaboration with leaders from across the company
- Assess and monitor compliance with rules and regulations, develop solutions to streamline operations, and provide training to impacted teams
What makes you a great fit:
- Juris Doctor (JD)., Member of the Colorado Bar
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing lawyer in a law firm or in-house environment
- In-house experience preferred with a mix of the following: regulatory compliance, real estate or land use, hospitality industry experience, or commercial transactions.
- Experience with state real estate licensing regulations and short term rental regulations preferred.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to navigate complex and ambiguous legal and business issues
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources and communicating concise analyses to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $120k-$145k. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.