Corporate Counsel Opportunity in Corporate Headquarters with Arrow Legal Team
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Counsel, Litigation in our Centennial, Colorado headquarters location. This position will be responsible for providing legal counsel, strategy, direction and management of cases and matters regarding a wide variety of commercial litigation and pre-litigation dispute-resolution matters. The Corporate Counsel, Litigation will both manage active litigation matters and advise the company on actual and potential business disputes and strategies to avoid litigation. This attorney should also have experience with, or desire to learn, other areas such as commercial contracting, data privacy, finance and government contracting to support our Finance, Treasury, Contracts and other Arrow business teams.
This key position will work on a wide range of matters, including general commercial disputes, collection matters, intellectual property claims, insured matters, bankruptcy matters, internal investigations, third-party subpoenas. This attorney also will serve on various cross-functional legal and business teams working on projects and providing legal and business insights and advice from a risk management perspective. This is an important function in our effort to enhance our leadership, systems, and processes to reach our growth and service diversification goals.
Reporting to our VP, Legal Affairs (who is a direct report to the SVP, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary who in turn is a direct report to the CEO), this position will be responsible for:
- Assessing, managing, and resolving pre-litigation disputes and lawsuits filed in state and federal courts against Arrow entitles;
- Overseeing all facets of litigation, administrative proceedings, internal and external investigations, arbitrations, and settlement discussions’
- Reviewing and revising legal briefs, responding to discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements;
- Advising business clients and senior management on strength of claims and defenses, dispute avoidance and resolution;
- Overseeing and assisting with responses to discovery requests and preparation and dissemination of litigation holds for commercial litigation matters. Managing e-discovery process;
- Developing and implementing cost-efficient legal strategies and policies in the assigned area consistent with stakeholder expectations;
- Providing clear, concise and practical legal and commercial advice and counsel to business teams on a wide array of business and contractual issues while coordinating with other legal team members and stakeholders as necessary to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization;
- Managing and coordinating Arrow’s responses to a wide variety of subpoenas and third-party requests for information;
- Conducting training sessions for internal team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary;
- Travel as needed; and
- Other matters as appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at a top-tier law firm, in-house legal department and/or government agency;
- Strong academic record; journal experience a plus;
- Significant experience in complex commercial litigation and conducting internal investigations;
- First chair mediation or trial experience preferred. Deposition experience (including presenting witnesses);
- Exceptional judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues;
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships across the globe.
- Excellent written/oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to work effectively in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Growth mindset, highly tuned emotional intelligence and the ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an evolving corporate culture.
- Initiative with ability to act decisively, work independently, and exercise excellent judgment.
- J.D. and active attorney license required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)