Corporate Counsel Opportunity in Corporate Headquarters with Arrow Legal Team
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Counsel in our Centennial, Colorado corporate headquarters. This position provides timely transactional expertise to support the organization by delivering creative solutions supporting the Company’s contractual, pre-litigation, and financing goals in a fast-paced, performance-driven, customer-focused, collaborative environment.
This key position will partner with our Finance, Treasury, Compliance, Contracts, Supplier and Sales teams to shape and develop our Company’s strategic direction in transactional and associated legal requirements and serves as a strategic business partner to the organization. This is a generalist position and the ideal candidate is excited to learn new areas of the law and add value to the Company in a cost-efficient manner. This is an important function in our effort to enhance our leadership, systems, and processes to reach our growth and service diversification goals.
Reporting to our VP, Legal Affairs (who is a direct report to the SVP, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary who in turn is a direct report to the CEO), this position will be responsible for:
- Performing due diligence and document negotiation in support of the company’s merger & acquisition activity;
- Independently reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts, amendments and templates in support of the business including: supplier, customer, reseller, credit, real estate, licensing, media content, and other agreements;
- Consulting and providing support for all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial offerings, transactions, agreements, pre-litigation);
- Providing clear, concise and practical legal and commercial advice and counsel to business teams on a wide array of business and contractual issues while coordinating with other legal team members and stakeholders as necessary to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization;
- Partnering with contract managers who are responsible for the day-to-day management of Arrow’s commercial agreements including: legal oversight, some supervision and developing creative legal solutions to complex commercial negotiations.
- Assisting with management of governance for global subsidiaries;
- Identifying and refining policies, templates, and other tools to improve efficiencies within the Law Department
- Conducting training sessions for internal team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary;
- Travel as needed; and
- Other matters as appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum three to five years of relevant transactional experience in a top tier law firm or corporate law department, including a minimum of two years of experience focusing on corporate matters, including mergers & acquisitions and commercial transactions;
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships across the globe;
- Excellent written/oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to work effectively in a matrixed organizational structure;
- Growth mindset, highly tuned emotional intelligence and the ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Acute attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an evolving corporate culture;
- Initiative with ability to act decisively, work independently, and exercise excellent judgment;
- J.D. and active attorney license required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)