Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo was born in and is based in Colorado. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Mission is to accelerate our customers’ capabilities to advance freedom and prosperity by providing enormous, high-quality bandwidth, and our Values are Embrace Colleagues, Enamor Customers, Delight Investors, Enjoy Journey, Own Outcomes, Be Entrepreneurial and Engage Community. We have grown rapidly in our 10-year history and are now one of the largest companies based in Colorado.
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel to support the legal needs of the Lit Services businesses. This position will be a dedicated legal resource for the business team, working closely and collaboratively to provide assistance with customer contracts as well as a variety of other legal matters including procurement, litigation, human resources, real estate, network development, M&A and regulatory advice. This position requires close collaboration with the other members of Zayo’s legal team on segment and company-wide projects. We are seeking a strong junior candidate that is ready to take on responsibility, learn through doing, and work toward career growth. This position reports directly to the General Counsel of the business. Zayo is an exciting place to work and we have a great legal team - we are looking for a friendly, motivated, hard-working, smart contracts ninja to join us!
- Review, negotiate and draft master service agreements and other customer contracts, vendor contracts, real estate contracts, RFPs, and associated service order terms and conditions.
- Provide contract interpretation guidance.
- Negotiate and resolve customer disputes and collection matters.
- Conduct research and provide legal advice regarding specific legal and/or regulatory issues.
- Assist with M&A due diligence, analysis and strategy.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice with respect to company policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with Zayo legal team on strategic projects and transactions.
- Communicate effectively with business leadership, corporate leadership, outside counsel, and other third parties and their counsel.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required by the needs of the business.
- Law Degree and Bar Admission required.
- Transactional drafting, in-house legal, and telecom industry experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate with other personnel and external parties through strong organized writing and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Strong organizational skills, including management of projects and workload and setting goals and priorities.
- Team player able to work cooperatively with business people and outside counsel to find practical and creative solutions.
- Computer and software systems experience.
- Prior experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave