Corporate Counsel III at FIS
About the team:
FIS employs a team of highly skilled attorneys and contract managers, working collaboratively and collegially, to provide top-quality legal services to FIS' internal stakeholders and high-profile institutional clients. The FIS legal department is a diverse, yet cohesive group of professionals focused on the cooperative and efficient leveraging of its worldwide resources to best address the sophisticated issues and opportunities facing a leading provider in one of the most rapidly growing sectors in the tech industry.
What you will be doing:
You will be a professional individual contributor leveraging your broad understanding of employment law and commercial risk issues. You will be tasked with resolving complex issues requiring in-depth knowledge and skills, which will include exercising judgment in decision making, determining approaches, methods and procedures for use on unique assignments. May coordinate and guide the work of others.
- You will manage a variety of assigned legal projects, including legal matters in the specialization of labor and employment law and provide practical advice and counsel to management concerning labor and employment laws.
- You will provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services, including in-house legal counsel on labor and employment matters related to employees within the United States, which may include, but shall not be limited to, human resource issues, compensation and benefits matters, leave issues, termination decisions, redundancy issues, settlement agreements and, employment agreements.
- You will manage both complex and routine commercial and employment-related disputes, including pre-litigation claims, commercial litigation, employment litigation, arbitration and mediations and, where licensed, represent the company in civil court proceedings.
- You will coordinate with and supervise external counsel as needed on complex legal issues related to commercial matters and labor and employment law matters and civil proceedings.
- You will be responsible for identifying and assessing legal risks and opportunities and advising stakeholders accordingly.
- You will be responsible for overseeing responses to inquiries from regulatory authorities, including responding to Civil Investigative Demands Attorney General Complaints and complex subpoenas.
- You will be responsible for other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Four or more years of litigation and employment law experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to be appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to effectively deal with issues that are complex, confidential and sensitive in nature.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills.
- Effective team building, coaching and persuasion skills.
- Intermediate to advanced negotiation skills with regard to complex issues.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in the fintech industry.
- Broad commercial litigation experience with a minimum of two years in an in-house role.
- Broad focus in labor and employment laws, in addition to broad commercial litigation experience.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and bonus opportunity.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.