Corporate Counsel II at FIS
Are you interested in being a part of a collaborative, energetic, and business-oriented legal team? As an attorney at FIS, you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and information technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is pragmatic, collegial and enthusiastic about representing a thriving Fortune 500 company in a dynamic corporate industry.
About the team
The FIS Legal team is comprised of approximately 200 attorneys and paraprofessionals worldwide who enjoy being an advisor to and partner with our businesses to help the company achieve its goals. We work collaboratively with each other and with our business colleagues to solve problems in an effective and pragmatic manner. We view our role as one of supporting our business leaders in a variety of legal matters, and we strive to assist our businesses in meeting their objectives with sound, reasonable and well-considered legal counsel.
What you will be doing
You will manage legal business matters pertaining to FIS to protect the enterprise's rights in contract negotiations, settlements, litigation and business practices.
• Manages a variety of assigned legal projects.• Provides a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients.• Prepares legal drafts, opinions and various documents.• Negotiates and drafts contracts as requested by legal management personnel.• Renders opinions and advice regarding the interpretation of contract provisions, and other business law issues. If in litigation group performs legal research and analysis in preparation for litigation or other legal actions. Examines pertinent information, e.g., interview notes, historical precedent etc. to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting litigation.• If in regulatory and compliance group, acts as advisor on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance as well as legal rights, obligations and privileges.• Coordinates legal matters handled by outside counsel.
What you bring
Requires a law degree, such as a Juris Doctor or other comparable degree. Must be admitted to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.• 3+ years of experience in a similar role• Demonstrated experience in general corporate matters including corporate organization, securities compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, intellectual property, regulatory matters, risk management asset-backed financing and/or contract management• Experience in trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry as well as SEC reporting• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to be appropriate to the audience and avoid technical jargon• Effectively deals with issues that are complex, confidential and sensitive in nature• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills• Effective team building, coaching and persuasion skills• Intermediate to advanced negotiation skills with regard to complex issues and data
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted and challenging legal career with a high degree of responsibility
- A broad spectrum of legal experiences with a thriving Fortune 500 corporation in an innovative, ever-changing industry
- A modern work environment, and a collaborative and dedicated group of colleagues who look forward to working together as a team to accomplish our goals
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits designed to support your wellbeing
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant legal issues in financial services and information technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.