Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Law
Travel Percentage :25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS employs a team of highly skilled attorneys and contract managers, working collaboratively and collegially, to provide top-quality legal services to FIS’ internal stakeholders and high-profile institutional clients. The FIS legal department is a diverse, yet cohesive group of professionals focused on the cooperative and efficient leveraging of its worldwide resources to best address the sophisticated issues and opportunities facing a leading provider in one of the most rapidly growing sectors in the tech industry.
What you will be doing
- Manages a variety of assigned legal projects.
- Provides a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients.
- Prepares legal drafts, opinions and various documents.
- Negotiates and drafts contracts as requested by legal management personnel.
- Renders opinions and advice regarding the interpretation of contract provisions, and other business law issues.
- Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken.
- Coordinates legal matters handled by outside counsel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years of professional legal experience.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- Currently licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Prior experience in the banking or finance industry.
- Prior experience in the payments industry is highly preferred.
- The ability to work both independently and cross-functionally are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong legal background that includes some combination of transactional, litigation and commercial negotiation experience in a law firm or as part of a prior in-house experience.
- Target candidates must be enthusiastic, diligent and demonstrate sound judgment in face of challenging and sometimes competing demands.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.