Corporate Counsel – Contracts
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Zayo was born in and is based in Colorado. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Our Mission is to accelerate our customers’ capabilities to advance freedom and prosperity by providing enormous, high-quality bandwidth, and our Values are Embrace Colleagues, Enamor Customers, Delight Investors, Enjoy Journey, Own Outcomes, Be Entrepreneurial and Engage Community. We have grown rapidly in our 10-year history and are now one of the largest companies based in Colorado.
Zayo’s Fiber Solutions business segment, the Company’s largest segment by revenue, is divided into 6 geographic regions. We are seeking an experienced commercial contracts attorney to support the legal needs of one of those regions. This position will be the dedicated legal resource to the region’s business team, working closely and collaboratively to provide assistance with customer contracts as well as a variety of other legal matters including procurement, litigation, human resources, real estate, network development, M&A and regulatory advice. This position will also work closely and collaboratively with the other members of Zayo’s legal team on segment- and company-wide projects. We are seeking a strong mid-level candidate that is ready for additional responsibility and career growth. The position reports directly to the business lead of the region, with dotted line reporting to the General Counsel of the Fiber Solutions business segment. Zayo is an exciting place to work and we have a great legal team – we are looking for a nice, smart contracts ninja to join us!
- Review, negotiate and/or draft master service agreements and other customer contracts, vendor contracts, real estate contracts, RFPs, and associated service order terms and conditions.
- Provide contract interpretation guidance.
- Negotiate and resolve customer disputes and collection matters.
- Conduct research and provide legal advice regarding specific legal and/or regulatory issues arising with the Region.
- Assist with M&A due diligence, analysis and strategy.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice with respect to company policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with Zayo legal team on strategic projects and transactions.
- Communicate effectively with Region leadership, dark fiber business segment leadership, corporate leadership, outside counsel, and other third parties and their counsel.
- Perform other duties and tasks as required by the needs of the business.
- Law Degree and Bar Admission required.
- At least 7 years of experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- In-house legal experience required; telecom industry experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to communicate with other personnel and external parties through strong, organized writing and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, including management of projects and workload and setting goals and priorities.
- Team player able to work cooperatively with business people and outside counsel to find practical and creative solutions.
- Computer and software systems experience.
- Prior experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.