Corporate Attorney at Scaled Agile, Inc.
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 500,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position:
In our new role for a Corporate Attorney, you will report to our CFO and work closely with our Director of Legal Affairs and Counsel. As a member of our finance, legal, and accounting team, internally known as FLA$H, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills across a wide range of legal matters within a dynamic organization. You will assist with the management and negotiation of contracts, privacy laws, inbound and outbound license agreements, matters related to intellectual property protection, international expansion, regulatory compliance, and legal research.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide legal support to the organization as requested by the executive team.
- Communicate legal issues in a concise and timely manner to internal and external customers.
- Support and enhance the Company’s privacy policies, processes and documentation.
- Research Company expansion into new countries and markets.
- Support the Company’s corporate governance and capitalization tracking.
- Assist in the review and negotiation of commercial contracts and transactions.
- Contribute positively in a highly collaborative, Agile environment.
- Embrace continuous learning and a commitment to relentless improvement.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- BA/BS degree and J.D. degree with admission to one or more state bars in good standing
- 1+ years of legal experience in private practice or a combination of private practice and in-house roles
- Experience in contract analysis and commercial transactions preferred
- A business-oriented approach to problem solving taking into account legal complexity and risk.
- Strong analytical skills
- A high level of curiosity, integrity, and trust.
- A desire to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
This position is based in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about. Nor is the billable hour.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value.
We're profitable, we're Agile, and because we’re still small, every single person in this organization has a big impact on our success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and introduction on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters.)