Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Contracts Manager to join our internal legal team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet
What you get to do:
- Review, analyze, draft and revise contracts in concert with sales lead and external counsel.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to carefully obtain the requirements needed for each contract.
- Coordinate and negotiate the contract process with customer and vendor procurement teams.
- Collaborate on and assist with the implementation of the practical, organization-wide contract management process.
- Maintain organized systems of digital contract records.
- Communicate and manage contracts workflow.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- You are driven to be precise and have a proven ability to work effectively across a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- You have experience and expertise in contracts management, preferably in the energy/utility industry
- You are a committed, detail-oriented, thoughtful individual and bring operational excellence and a creative approach to your work
- You are equally adept at working individually and collaboratively as part of a team
- You perform well under pressure and with tight time commitments
What you bring to Uplight:
- At least five years of intensive experience with contracts management
- Experience working closely with or reporting to legal counsel
- Knowledge of and experience with legal requirements related to software or SaaS contracts
- Ability to multitask and to quickly pivot to evolving priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills, and time management skills to ensure that work-related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Excellent writing skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate
- Commitment to maintaining a high standard of confidentiality and ability to work with highly sensitive data and information
- Exceptional communications skills to effectively deal with various levels of customers, colleagues, management, and business partners
- Ability to work efficiently across multiple product platforms and tools (MS Office, Google Docs/Sheets, Dropbox, Salesforce, Slack, etc.)
- Paralegal or additional qualifications in law strongly preferred
- Experience working for or with utility companies or related energy companies
- Experience working with online contract management systems
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.