Contracts Manager at Sovrn
About the Team
Our finance & administrative team supports Sovrn’s growth by partnering with leaders throughout the organization, providing providing expertise and pragmatic solutions to the business.
About the Job
The responsibilities of the Contracts Manager will include working closely with legal and business teams to review, analyze, draft, revise and negotiate a wide variety of contracts, with a focus on customer and data acquisition and distribution agreements. Experience with privacy and data security is strongly preferred.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review, analyze, draft and revise contracts in concert with internal and external counsel
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to carefully obtain the requirements needed for each contract
- Implement practical, organization-wide contract management process
- Communicate and manage contracts workflow
You are driven and have proven the ability to work effectively across a dynamic, fast-paced organization. You have experience and expertise in contracts management in the technology industry. We value committed, detail-oriented and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to their work.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least three years of intensive experience with contracts management in the technology industry is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to independently, pragmatically and creatively resolve key issues.
- Able to multi-task and demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to clearly, concisely and precisely communicate in plain English.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, demanding and dynamic environment.
- Positive attitude and steady demeanor.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Outstanding communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and outside contacts.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Experience in programmatic advertising or data licensing.
Position Reports to: Sr. Corporate Counsel
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t