Job Title: Contracts Attorney
Position Type: Regular, Full-time
Position Level: Mid-level
Location: Denver, CO
Named among the best workplaces in the U.S. by Great Place to Work six times, honored on FORTUNE Magazine's inaugural list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, and chosen as the "Market Leader in Incentive Compensation" by CRM magazine, Xactly is proud to be disrupting the incentive compensation market space. We're building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us!
Xactly is seeking a Contracts Attorney to assist in the corporate Legal department in our growing Denver, CO office. This person will report to our VP, General Counsel and help manage various functions within the department in support of the company's business and negotiate a variety of business and technology agreements. Candidates should have experience working in a corporate legal or contracts department of a software vendor and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment supporting internal business clients, as well as working directly with vendors and customers.
Not only do we offer strong growth opportunities for top performers, but we also have a top-notch culture, benefits (check them out below) and more. Our strong C.A.R.E. values - customer focus, accountability, respect & excellence - guide our every move, allowing us to be a leader in the incentive compensation & performance management market. We set the example with excellent customer experience and deliver an award-winning SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product!
Read all about us at www.xactlycorp.com!
- Negotiate information technology contracts, including software licenses, software subscription, SaaS subscription, reseller, OEM, professional services, statements of work, maintenance, subcontracting, hardware purchase, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Assist the General Counsel tasked with resolving critical issues and closing open contract terms under quarter-end and year-end deadlines.
- Analyze contract terms against industry best practices and company policy, then advise the business unit of the risks and foster mitigating those risks to achieve business objectives.
- Work with senior management to draft contract terms and conditions to achieve company objectives.
- Creative problem solver with results oriented focus and passion to solve complex problems in a creative and practical way that balances legal risk and enables business objectives.
- Confident legal advisor with in-depth experience in contracting and drafting complex software related agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, stay mission focused, get things done and work efficiently in an international team environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and ask concise questions involving complex technologies to obtain the answers from business partners and make a recommendation based on experience and competent legal advice.
- Requires a high level of organization and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Admission to the bar and in good standing in CO or CA.
- 3-6 years of in-house legal experience, with at least 2 of those years working at a SaaS based software licensing company.
- Experience as in-house counsel or transactional based law firm experience preferred.
- Experience with U.S. and international software licensing contracts and negotiation process.
- Familiarity with software contract life cycle from pre-to-post award.
- Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.