Contracts Administrator/Legal Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Contracts Administrator/Legal Manager to prepare, negotiate and analyze contracts (including with our vendors, university partners and employer partners) and manage the administration of those contracts and the in-house legal function.
We are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking Contract Administrator / Legal Manager to join Guild Education’s growing team in downtown Denver. Your main duties will be to prepare and negotiate contracts (including with our vendors, university partners and employer partners), perform research, prepare and manage legal/compliance policies and documents, manage renewals and support and develop legal processes. A successful person in this role will demonstrate a strong attention to detail along with the ability to recognize, analyze and communicate potential risks for our company. Our ideal candidate has previous experience preparing, negotiating and administering complex contracts as well as with managing all aspects of an in-house legal function, and is knowledgeable about contract law, generally, and the legal requirements that are applicable to Guild’s business.
As a Contracts Administrator/Legal Manager, you will:
- Develop contract proposals to support organizational goals
- Prepare, negotiate and analyze various types of legal agreements, including Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, NDAs, License Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Contractor Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, and other legal contracts.
- Negotiate contract terms with internal and external business partners
- Clearly communicate the legal and practical implications of contract terms to internal stakeholders
- Analyze potential legal and business risks involved with specific contract terms
- Create and maintain organized systems for physical and digital records
- Perform general legal and informational research
- Assist in preparation, management and administration of legal/compliance policies and documents
- Manage license/registration renewals
- Support and drive the development and automation of legal processes
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of corporate contract administration and legal function management experience
- Exemplify knowledge of contract law, accounting principles and finance
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Possess superior attention to detail in order to spot errors and inconsistencies in contracts
- Able to work productively, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, independently manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to thrive in a high-paced and fast-changing environment,
- Process-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Well versed in the use of technology to automate legal processes
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Experience in technology and education companies a plus.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.