Consumer & Business Lending Compliance Officer
SALT Lending operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and business asset backed loans which are built on multi-signature smart contracts. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SALT Lending Holdings, Inc. (SaltLending.com).
The Compliance Officer will work closely with the marketing team, customer service, and loan officers professionals within the Firm. As such, the candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Continue the written development and implementation of the company’s compliance policies, procedures, ethics and surveillance practices
- Conduct testing in order to assess compliance with legal, regulatory, AML, KYC, lending and internal firm policy requirements
- Advise team members with respect to applicable regulatory requirements to ensure communication and disclosure is adequately designed to identify potential control gaps and non-compliance with laws and regulations
- Prepare reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations
- Maintain an awareness of, and monitor the regulatory environment for, emerging legislation and policy statements, along with relevant trends and industry best practices applicable to US and European consumer and business lending operations, through review of regulations and guidance issued by various federal and state regulatory agencies, publications and participation in industry associations
- Enforce, train and educate employees on Code of Conduct and Communication
- Participate in internal and external audits
Preferred Candidate Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of prior AML/KYC Compliance experience with consumer and business lenders
- Ability to work independently and proactively, and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Reg Z, Community Reinvestment Act, FDIC, CFPB, and FRB regulations governing banks.
Job Type: Full-time. Must be from the Great Denver Area or willing to relocate. Please note this on your application or cover letter if applying from out of state.